Doc Monster Labs' BLAHRG!

The purpose of this blog is to keep me honest with my wife and any others interested in reading my progress on the studio. The blog has moved so I could make it more presentable. I'm still figuring all this stuff out, so please bear with me.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Entry 7.4.06


SATURDAY - (Star Wars section) I went through two boxes. One of them was filled with Galoob's Star Wars Action Fleet and Micro Machines toys while the other only had a few Star Wars toys in it. The rest belonged to other sci-fi properties like Buzz Lightyear of Star Command and Earthworm Jim. I had to clear off some shelf space so I could fit what came out of the boxes. I transferred what was there (super-hero toys mostly) to my art table. I usually try to keep my weekends open so I can spend time with my wife, but she brings work home which frees me up to do other things. I may get more done tomorrow since she's going to band practice. If I'm feeling up to it, I may go to Asbury to see Scarlet Moon at the bowling alley, but I've been fighting some kind of crud and going out may not be the best thing to do, especially if I might get other people sick.

TUESDAY - (Star Wars section) I'm feeling a bit better today, so I went through one more box. This box was also filled with Star Wars Action Fleet and Micro Machines playsets, vehicles, stands, aliens and figures. I cleared off another shelf of super-heroes to make room. I have three boxes left. One is filled with Star Wars Burger King glasses (the above pic) that, if they're still intact, I'll take out and use to fill in the gaps once the Star Wars display is done. Upon closer inspection of the other two, I've found one has no Star Wars pieces in it (so much for attention to detail!) and the other contains only one SW piece. They both contain general sci-fi toys, so I'll go through them once I'm onto that section. I've also emptied a plastic bin that was full of 10" to 12" figures. My cool lookin' 10" vinyl Darth Vader was in there and I wanted to make sure he made it on a shelf the first go 'round. It's lookin' like I'll be heading to Lowe's tomorrow for some more shelves.

WEDNESDAY - (Star Wars section) It was raining today, so I didn't go to Lowe's; I didn't want to get the wood wet. Instead, I started working on the shelves I currently have. I moved around some things I had already displayed in order to optimize space ... yet again ... and got some new stuff displayed. I'm trying to fill every little nook and chink I can find. As I reached the end of the last usable shelf, I stepped back and thought, "I'm gonna need deeper shelves!" Hopefully tomorrow will be the day to get 'em.

THURSDAY - (Star Wars section) Today I picked up four shelves, all of which are 2' deep. I had them cut to size, got 'em home, did a bit of light sanding just to take a bit of the rough edge off and then it hit me; I hadn't bought the proper brackets to put shelves up! MORON! I've decided to pick up the brackets tomorrow. I had also picked up enclosed blinds to put over the french door to my studio balcony since the light beams fiercely through the windows set into it. It was shedding an awful lot of direct sunlight on my Horror section and on my DVD's; it'd only be a matter of time before things started fading. I have to admit, it probably took me all of ten minutes to install and it looks SHWEET!

FRIDAY - (Star Wars section) I made the mistake of showing my wife how cool the enclosed blinds look on my balcony door; now she wants two for our french doors downstairs. She wants to pick 'em up on Sunday. Simply because she deserves to be happy and I like surprising her, I'll be picking them up and installing them before she gets home tonight. I'll also be picking up those brackets I forgot yesterday. I don't think a great deal will get done on the Star Wars display since I have friends coming over on Saturday who have yet to see the place. I want to clean up this minefield a bit so walking around isn't an exercise in tightrope walking. I usually try not to work on the room during the weekend, but since my wife is bringing work home for Sunday, I may take advantage of the found time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home